Redpoint Ventures is hiring a detail-oriented events manager with 1-3 years of experience to coordinate our series of community events. As a critical member of our team, this individual will spend 80-90% of his or her time managing event details in order to create a valuable experience for our portfolio companies. This is a tactical position requiring strong attention to detail and project management skills. Our ideal candidate will bring a proactive and creative mind set to the role and share our mission of helping founders build successful companies.
This individual will work independently to manage deadlines and deliverables while collaborating closely with our investors, operations team and founders. Redpoint hosts on average between 1-3 events monthly that are often held in Redpoint’s South Park Office. This hire will spend time in both our San Francisco and Menlo Park offices.
This individual will also spend between 10-15% of their time helping manage Redpoint’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts by spotlighting portfolio company news and content.
We are open to someone who has just graduated from college with the right experience and skill set. This position reports to Redpoint’s head of marketing and works directly with our investors, operations team, portfolio companies and other leaders in our ecosystem.
About us: Redpoint is a top venture capital firm with a 19-year history of backing exceptional entrepreneurs at the seed, early and growth stages including companies like Netflix, Sonos, Twilio, Stripe and Brandless. We manage $4B across multiple funds and have backed over 465 companies with 143 IPOs and M&As. We’ve been lucky to partner with visionary entrepreneurs who change the world; our mission is to help them build successful companies. What makes Redpoint standout is our collaborative culture, commitment to founders and the values that drive our approach to everything: Founders first, Move as one, have fun, Make it happen, Think independently together, and Open source the org.
- Organize external facing community events including CEO dinners, themed-summits, trainings, happy hours, and meet ups for functional leaders. Tasks include: coordinating with vendors, managing menus, scouting locations and preparing event spaces. A key component of the role is helping build guest lists by leveraging Redpoint’s contact database, input from investors and ultimately your own ability to draw connections between like-minded people in our community. Coordinate invitations, manage RSVPs, organize attendee information, and own all follow up communication including pre-event reminders and post-event surveys.
- Internal coordination with the Redpoint team includes collaborating with investors on event themes, attendees, and learning about our portfolio in order to help bring the right people together. Will also partner with our executive assistants on schedules and event staffing.
- Help manage Redpoint’s primary social media accounts ( Twitter and LinkedIn only) with relevant updates that highlight our portfolio companies.
- 1-2 years experience in events, marketing, communications or branding
- Strong knowledge, interest, and experience in events management and administering the details to create an exceptional experience
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and remain focused under pressure and changing priorities
- Experience with community management platforms and tools and engagement strategies a plus
- High energy and commitment to excellence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
If this sounds like you, please email us at email@example.com.