Redpoint is hiring an Associate for a key role with our early stage enterprise investing team. This person will work closely with all members of our investment team to help surface nascent technologies, products, companies and trends.
Since 1999, the Redpoint team has been partnering with visionary founders at the earliest stages to build great companies that create new markets or redefine existing ones. We invest in seed, early and early growth stage companies and have backed innovators like Fortinet, Heroku, Looker, Pure Storage, Stripe, Twilio and Zendesk.
Our Associate will be actively involved with the day-to-day efforts of the firm, including:
- Conducting research around investment themes and sourcing new investment opportunities for our early stage enterprise portfolio
- Assisting Redpoint Partners in due diligence for potential new investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology, industry trends, financial modeling and valuation, analysis of operational forecasts and budgets for active or potential investments, and reference calls to customers and business partners
- Interpreting data to provide relevant conclusions and recommendations
- Developing presentation materials for the partnership
- Tracking industry statistics including: venture capital financings and trends, deal flow statistics, compensation statistics, and various portfolio company metrics and maintaining Redpoint’s internal SalesforceIQ database
The ideal candidate has a background that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate program; technical degree a plus
- 2+ years experience in either BD, engineering or product at an enterprise tech company or startup; or, 2+ years experience in consulting or investment banking
- Interest in working with early-stage technology companies
- Passion for startups and a desire to use technology as a catalyst to change the world
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills; our Associates meet with founders and serve as an ambassador to the startup community
- An ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, start-ups and venture. If this sounds like you or if you know someone who would succeed in this role, please shoot us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.